Marijuana Community Resources
A Look At Marijuana Commercialization: National and Local Impacts
As the state and our local communities continue to navigate in a post-legalized world, some initial data has become available on how recreational marijuana has impacted our communities, particularly the health and safety of our youth. View our expert panel discussion on national and local impacts. "A Look at Marijuana Legalization Panel Discussion"
How to Submit a Marijuana Violation
As marijuana businesses continue to expand throughout the state and locally, some may violate the law by using advertising tactics that directly appeal to youth. Understand what these tactics might include and how to submit a complaint to report the violation, see our fact sheet. "How to Submit a Marijuana Marketing Violation"
Marijuana Legalization: The Impact on Public Safety & Law Enforcement
This presentation was presented by Ed Shemelya, National Coordinator of the National Marijuana Initiative.
- Interview with Ed Shemelya - Decision Makers
- Interview with Ed Shemelya - Parents, Youth-Serving Adult
- Presentation - Part 1 (PPTX)
- Presentation - Part 2 (PPTX)
- Presentation - Part 3 (PPTX)
- Presentation - Part 4 (PPTX)
- Training video- Ed Shemelya
- Training Video - Jennifer Cifalidi
What Will Recreational Marijuana & Vaping Look like in Your Community
View Resources on Prevention Policies for Municipalities from Jo McGuire:
- Dr. Aaron Weiner Presentation (PPTX)
- DuPage County Prevention Leadership Team Overview (PPTX)
- Frequently Asked Questions Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act Public Act 101-0027
- Jo McGuire Presentation (PPTX)
- Recorded Session
Drug-Free Workplace Policy
View Resources on Drug-Free Workplace Policy from Jo McGuire: